Thanks for taking the time to learn more about how you can help the Dicken PTO make the school year a fun and educational experience for all of our children.
We can’t do it without you!
The Dicken PTO has several fundraisers through out the year. Some of these cost you nothing! The Grocery Scrip/EGGS and Great Lakes Scrip programs are two ways to help Dicken without spending any extra money. Boxtops and Labels for Education may be on the products you normally buy, please look at the list below and start collecting!
What is Grocery Scrip/EGGS? EGGS (Everybody Goes Grocery Shopping) cards are like gift cards that you use at the grocery store. These cards set aside a percentage of your total grocery bill for Dicken. It is unbelievably easy, and you aren’t spending any extra money.
Ok, let’s do some math: If 150 of our Dicken families spent an average of $100 per week on groceries, and 5% of that comes back to Dicken, how much money would Dicken get?
150 Families x $100 spent per week on groceries = $15,000 x 5% = $750 per week x 36 weeks in the school year = $27,000 back to your kids! That’s roughly equivalent to the PTO’s annual budget. (Imagine if you continued to use your EGGS cards throughout the summer, too!)
5% can really make a difference!
You don’t have to spend any extra money to help Dicken. Just buy your groceries and use your SCRIP card, and 5% will come back to Dicken. It is really that easy!
- Arbor Farms 5% Free rechargeable card.
- Busch’s 5% with debit card, cash, or check, 3% with credit card.
- Hiller’s 5%
- Kroger 5% Use your Community Rewards card. Register your card online. Step-by-step directions are under Quick Links on the top right of this page.
- Meijer .5 – 1% Even though it’s a small percentage, we’ll take it! Register your card online. Our school code is #110411.
- Plum Market 5%. Use your Plum Market Rewards card. An application for one can be picked up at their customer service desk.
- TargetREDcard 1% Visit Target.com/tcoe, or call 1-800-316-6142 to designate our school.
- Whole Foods 5%, single-use gift cards (must replace each time)
How to register your Kroger Card online:
Step 1: Go to the Kroger Community Rewards site.
Step 2: Select your State
Step 3: Half way down the page is “ENROLL.” Click on it.
Step 4: Register yourself.
After clicking, “REGISTER”, you will need to choose your store.
Then you will be asked to input your email and create a password.
Step 5: Confirm your information.
Step 6: Go to your email and click on the link Kroger provides you in an email to confirm your information.
Step 7: After clicking on the link, you will be back at Kroger’s site. Click on “SIGN IN.”
Step 8: On the far right you will see KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS, click on “Edit Kroger Community Rewards Information.
Steps 9: Now you will be asked to input your 12-digit Kroger Plus card number.
Step 10: Confirm your address.
Step 11: Find your organization, Dicken Elementary.
You are done!
If you do not have a Kroger Plus Shopper’s Card, an application for one can be picked up at the store’s Customer Service desk. Next time you shop, please check your receipt. At the bottom it should say “Kroger Community Rewards. At your request Kroger is donating to DICKEN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PTO.”
The Great Lakes Scrip Center provides an online interface at http://www.shopwithscrip.com for ordering gift cards from many retail stores beyond grocery shopping. A percentage (two to fifteen percent or more) of each sale goes directly to Dicken!
ShopwithScrip.com at Dicken
At Dicken, gift cards are ordered online, but your order is not complete until your check has been dropped off in the PTO mailbox located in the main office. Each month the deadline for placing orders is on the 15th of each month. On this monthly Dicken group order date, all orders that have been placed AND PAID FOR will be processed. Gift cards purchased will be available to pick up three business days after the group order date.
How to Set Up your ShopwithScrip.com Account
1. Navigate to the www.shopwithscrip.com. Click on the “Create an Account” in the Green Family Sign-up Box.
2. Complete the Family Registration page, providing information such as your name, email address, and your own password for this site. Click “I Accept”.
3. Enter the Enrollment Code for our Non-profit: ED715B287654 and click “Join”.
4. To start shopping, Click on “Place Order” and skip to step 3 below.
How to Shop
1. Navigate to www.shopwithscrip.com and log in. (See instructions above if you have not already set up your Family account.) Make sure Dicken PTO is the Non-Profit organization specified at the bottom of the page.
2. Click on the “Shop” Tab.
3. After entering your desired Quantities of gift cards, be sure to click the “Add to Cart” button.
4. Click the “Check Out” button and print your Order Confirmation.
5. Make your check payable to Dicken PTO and drop it off along with your confirmation sheet in the PTO mailbox located in the Dicken main office. Don’t forget to drop off your check before the monthly Dicken group order date (see above).
6. Your order will be available to pick up in Room 113 (Ms. Brogno’s Kindergarten) three business days after the Dicken group order is placed.
For more information, to ask questions, or to modify or cancel an online order, please contact the ShopwithScrip.com Coordinator Jennifer Brogno via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Box Tops on these products:
Betty Crocker Desserts
Green Giant Vegetables
Old El Paso
Labels for Education
Campbell’s Labels for Education aren’t just on Campbell’s soup cans:
Pepperidge Farm products:
- Bread and Rolls
Swanson Broth (can and carton)
And of course, Campbell’s soup
Please clip the UPC code for the points and send them to school in your child’s backpack.
Spirit Wear: September
Dicken Dash: October
Scholastic Book Fair: February
Silent Auction: March
Original Artworks: April
Used Book Sale: April
Community Nights Out: Ongoing
Books by Chance: Ongoing
Box Tops/Campbell’s: Ongoing
PTO Thrift Shop: Ongoing
Scrip Gift Card Café: Ongoing