Attendee’s-Mike Madison, Janine Hutchinson, Peggy Sheagren, Elizabeth Hood, Amy Robbins, Laite Odetola, Adrienne Licata, Cindy Donovan, Lori Milliman, John Carlson, Carrie Klimkowicz, Bonnie Kerber, Rebekah Ankeney
- Meeting called to order at 7:19 (Amy Robbins)
- Calendar Items (Amy Robbins)
- WESO 1/6
- No School 1/18, 2/1, 2/15-19
- Winter Walk 1/26
- NAAPID 2/8
- Kindergarten Roundup 2/9-Please let new parents know that children are invited.
- Student count day 2/10
Presidents report out/Business (Amy Robbins)
- Mocha timing-In honor of MLK day, Friday 1/15, 2/9 for Kindergarten Round-up ( no blended drinks due to noise after meeting starts please), and March is reading month 3/7, Teacher appreciation 5/2
- Door decorating-Put a note out to room parents that they can update door decorations if they would like to do so (Laite)
- WinterWalk-Coming up on 1/26…Bearclaw might be an option for treats/beverages. Adrienne will check on that option.
- CNO-None planned for February yet, but Janine will be looking into planning one. She is thinking about noodle and company.
- NAAPID assembly and lunch options-Jazzastry is $2000 and Guy Lewis is $675/$750 for two (with black history month rolled in.) 9:15-10:00 and 10:15 to 11:00. Ideas for lunch Caroline Barbeque? Patty would like additional ideas if anyone would like to share.
- Nominating committee-To find board members for next year. Board nominations are in April. June is the first meeting for all new members. Nominating committee should get started in February. Please email Amy if you are interested…3-5 people would be a good number for the committee. Carrie volunteered to be on the committee.
- Disability day is slated for April 29th but at this time the equipment is currently not available so this might not happen.
In attendance: Elizabeth Hood, Laite Odetola, Amy Drummond, Mike Madison, Amy Robbins, Amy Nelson, Adrienne Licata, Janine Hutchinson, Celia Gargaro, Bonnie Kerber, , Amy Nelson, Maggi Kennel plus more….
- Kerber’s House
- Meeting called to order at 7:00
- January 7th first PTO meeting of 2016 at Peggy’s house.
- Winter Walk January 26th
- Kindergarten Roundup February 9th
Principal report out 7:15
- Thank you for the new lunch baskets. They all match now!
- Draw your destiny assembly was a success and classes all got drawings.
- Recess gardeners have wrapped up; Carolyn Hermann has been such a driving force for the garden. She can’t do it past this year, so we need to find someone to do it for next year (Nikki Klein perhaps?)
- Recess singers has begun and they had a lunch performance.
- Thank you to parents that came to the flu shot clinic, over 42 families were serviced. That will be done again next year. Rite Aide was the provider.
- Cameras for doors are going to be implemented soon. The cameras will be used from 7-4 most likely.
- Community night at Potluck went well, not sure yet the amount made.
- Food pantry is going well so far. Rachel Egelhof has been working with food gatherers to get food for the pantry.
- Third graders had the Thanksgiving feast. Well done, thanks to third grade parents.
- Knox Church delivered 47 baskets and 5 were donated and so 53 baskets overall were donated.
- 2nd grade half went to the library and half will go December 16th.
- 5th grade went to winter survival and it was successful, the rest of the group will go
- Winnie the Pooh for Kindergarten December 4th.
- 4th grade winter concert is coming up and volunteers are needed.
- Winter Break starts December 18th through January 2. January 4th starts back school.
- WESO fair on January 6th!
- PTO snacks that are provided are much needed and helpful.
November 5, 2015
Attendees: Rachel Egelhof, Amy Drummond, Mike Madison, Elizabeth Hood, Amy Robbins, Adrienne Licata, Celia Gargaro, Bonnie Kerber, John Carlson, Cindy Donovan,
7:00-7:45 Food Pantry-Rachel Egelhof
Started with annual food drive to set up a food pantry in the teachers lounge. Food was delivered to families over the breaks.
Rachel spoke with Peace Neighborhood center that also gives Friday food donations. It is a bit far away for many of our families in the Dicken community. The goal is to start a biweekly food pantry for most at risk children and families.
Rachel will shop at the Food Gathers food pantry to bring food to the school. You can go and take items from Food Gathers and then bring it back. It is all free. She wants to operate out of the teacher’s lounge for set hours, maybe Friday afternoons.
PTO Meeting 10/1/15
(Held at Carrie Klimkowicz’s House)
In attendance: Amy Robbins, Cindy Donovan, Amy Drummond, Carolyn Herrmann, Peggy Sheagren, Mike Madison, Lindsey Riedberger, Celia Gargaro, Janine Hutchinson, Carrie Klimkowicz, Rebecca Ankeney, Adrienne Licata, Maggie Kennel, John Carlson, Laite Odetola, Dana McPherren
Meeting called to order at 7:10 by Amy Robbins President.
7:15-7:35 Garden with Carolyn Herrmann
- First tasting today with 6 classrooms – went very well.
- This month is classroom visits – 100% participation
- This is Carolyn’s last year – perhaps Nikki Klein can take over
- Takes dedication & patience
- Should we have family plot adoptions?
- Teachers are starting to plug in the garden for their curriculum
- There is now an awesome garden website
- Lowes gave us another donation – will build a teaching table
- Amy R said the garden is beautiful
- Mike thanks Carolyn for her time given on this huge project – “You’ve done a great job!”
PTO Meeting 8/30/15
In attendance: Amy Robbins, Cindy Donovan, Amy Drummond, Elizabeth Hood, Peggy Sheagren, Mike Madison, Lori Milliman, Lindsey Riedberger, Celia Gargaro, Janine Hutchinson, Carrie Klimkowicz, Amy Nelson, Jen Eyer, and Rebecca Ankeney.
Meeting called to order at 5:27 by Amy Robbins President.
5:27-5:46 Introductions of members
All in attendance filled out contact information for communication throughout the year.
5:46-6:00 Principal Report Out
All staff are returning with Jessica Posey moving to 2nd grade and Ms. Harris moving to Kindergarten.
Budget similar to last year, looking for help from the PTO for teachers for this year.
Patty and Pam still in the office. Visitors will need to be buzzed in and there will be a camera by the front door. The system will begin around 9 am.
New school time is 8:53-3:59.
Class placements will be sent out via email on Tuesday September 2nd.
Rachel Egelhof, Amy Robbins, Mike Madison, Ally Hartung, Celia Garagaro, Bonnie Kerber, Peggy Sheagren, Cindy Donovan, Elizabeth Hood, Laite Odetola, Sarah Raux
Commence 7:30 pm
- Morris great job as sub for Mr. Hudson.
- Erickson back next week.
- Vollmer is out & Adrienne & Mr.McCoy are subbing well.
- Tomorrow Slauson concert
- Staff Mtg yesterday. Next year : 18 new school of choice students – 8 kdg.
- Brogno – y5 -20
- 3 kdg, 2 first, 2 second, 2 third, 2 fourth, 3 fifth. Total 15 FTE
- School start Sept 8th
- Sept 21 – Curriculum Night
- Meet & Greet – 9/2
- Thanks to new custodial staff.
- Lunch staff being challenged – looking for more volunteers.
- Staff possibly looking at new behavior management program.
February Meeting 2/5/15 @ 7 pm – Peggy Sheagren’s house
Meeting commence: 7:17 pm
- Next meeting March 31, 2015.
- Calendar: NAAPID on Monday – Assembly 9:30-10:15 am. Food/coffee in the am – Adrienne. Lunch – we provide drinks & paper products (Amy R & Adrienne shopping) & desserts. Budget $400.
- Kdg round up 24th 6-8 pm. Snacks? Alphabet cookies. Budget $275. Art projects. $75 for childcare.