The PTO Board invites all parents and interested family members to attend the PTO-sponsored events and the regularly scheduled meetings. Your participation is a valuable asset to our school and an essential element to its educational mission. Click here for a list of board members and their contact information.
Who belongs to the Dicken PTO?
All parents and teachers are automatically members. The PTO Board is composed of parents who are serving in a volunteer capacity in the various positions. Term lengths for each position are one year. Elections are held at the April PTO General Meeting, for the following school year.
What are the goals of the PTO?
– Academic excellence for all students
– Communication between parents, teachers and staff
– Involvement of a broad and diverse group of parents to reflect who we are and what our children need
– Working with the Dicken School Improvement Team to implement school-wide goals.
– Enrichment experiences for all students
– Enhancing classroom education
– Supporting facility improvements
What does the PTO do?
Volunteer and financial support are two of the PTO ís biggest contributions to Dicken School.
Parents and friends of Dicken School give thousands of hours of time and energy to your child during the course of the school year. Volunteer participation is an integral part of celebrating the teacher in all of us.
Also, thanks to your financial support the Dicken PTO raised over $22,000 in the 2008-2009 year. The majority of these funds go back into the school in ways that directly benefit students. Here are some examples of PTO financial support:
– Facility Improvements: benches for kids and teachers outside
– Playground Equipment: games and equipment for lunch recess
– Books: for the library and classrooms
– Teachers Funds: for each classroom teacher
– Field Trips: for all grade levels
– Dicken Garden Club
– Reach Out and Read (ROAR)
– Family Picnic
– Family Math & Science Night
– Family Reading Night
– New Book Sale
– Used Book Sale
– Field Day
– Safety Patrol
– Fifth Grade Graduation
– School Directory and Newsletters
– School Yearbook
– Annual Appreciation Breakfast for all teachers, staff and volunteers