Amy R., Cindy , Mike, Rachel, Suzanne Vu, Andy Thomas, Sarah, Laite, Adrienne, Peggy
Andy (AAPS School Board):
-Election & proposals
– Bond is continuation of existing bond millage – 2.4 mills. If not renewed, taxes reduced just slightly. Without passing, 1st yr. goes down from 2.45 to 2.43 ($11/yr). End of 5 yrs 2.14 mills ($21/ yr).
– We will get approx. $33 million if passed – used to replace busses equipped w/ global tech. AAPS owns busses & just outsources service.
– Make invest in purchasing musical instruments in elementary & mid schools, replacing pianos.
– Working to secure entrances to schools – buzzer or television system (within 2 yrs).
– New furniture
– Playground equipment/ field updates
-$1500 –was able to get 95 hrs of tutoring (Jan-April for 11 weeks). Able to help students every day. Looking to renew/ extend grant or build money into the budget. Will build line item into 2015-16?Thanks to PTO for funds.
-Thank you to parents for coming.
-Thanks to Amy R. for Disability Day
-Chief Justices came & Guy Lewis
-Leslie Science Center instruction/ Field Trips coming up
-New guidelines for gun rules
-if person comes into school open carrying, ask them to leave & call 911. If person refuses, we go into lock-down mode. Police will arrive & can then follow their procedure. Policy 5400 & 5420.
-Staffing for 2015-16. K-4th class placement sheets go home tomorrow. Next mtg for mike is 5/21/ 18 new students in district. 12 leaving = +6.
– 308 units going into Maple/ Pauline
– Mr. Hudson is on leave of absence. Ms. Morris is teaching his classes.
– M Step & NWEA continue
– SLI for K & 2nd graders
– New AAPS website May 15th apps.scholwires.com
-Thank you from Kristina
– Staff Appreciation next week.
– Mocha on the 4th
– Talent Show 6/5
– Field Day 6/1
– Ice Cream Social 6/3 from 6-8pm
– WESO pizza party on 6/8
– 5th grade promo 6/10 @ 6 pm
– Mocha 6/12
– Next mtg 5/28 @ 7pm @ Ally’s.
- Handed out budgets
- Over budget
- Freshman Dancers did not work out well – we will be taking a break
- All set for ICS
- Next 2 mochas set
March Minutes approved. Adrienne – Motion & Elizabeth – 2nd. Unanimous.
- $350 for planners for next yr for 5th
- Rachel – Motion. Amy – 2nd. Unanimous.
- Brogno – Peppa Pig House (Approved)
- Reading month – another $50 for Amy Robbins. Approved
- Communications survey – how do you get info about school? Social media? Blast? Backpack mail?
- Yearbook – pay for yearbooks? We were under the impression that the pictures were more expensive to cover the yearbooks. Mike has invoice for $3,597 to be paid.
- Amy – yes
- Amy D – accept by proxy
- Elizabeth – accept
- Cindy – accept
- Jen E – ?
- Laite – accept
- Carrie – ?
- Bonnie – accept
- Adrienne – accept
- PTOC – Vanessa – by proxy
- Celia – by proxy
- Lori –by proxy
Mtg adjourned 9:15 pm. Rachel – motion. Adrienne – 2nd. Unanimous.