DICKEN PTO BOARD MEETING MINUTES
November 3, 2011
GENERAL: In attendance: Kirstin Queen, Stephanie Comai, Amy Nelson, Rob Frazine, Maggi Kennel, Amy Robbins, Jen Brogno, Mike Madison, Tenagne Fields, Mandi Wise, Rachel Egelhof, Jennifer Streeter, Bethany Williston, Sonya Lewis, Janine Hutchinson, Kristina Rossi. Absent: Tekisha Lee.
Welcome Stephanie/Kirstin 5 min
Approval of Minutes (Unanimously approved.)
Special Presenters : (none)
President’s Report Stephanie/Kirstin 30 min
Monthly Calendar Review
1. Insurance – no additional steps needed
3. Teacher Wish List
5. Recruiting (WESO, Reading Month, Super Science Day, Ice Cream Social, NAAPID)
6. Venues for future meetings
8. Book Giveaway
9. Teacher Cookie Giveaway
11. Facebook Page – Auction only
12. Sidewalk Expenditure
13. Bearclaw/Coffee co-sponsorship ($250 every other month = $1,000 for year)
14. Field Trip Procedure Review and 2011-12 allocation (2010-11 was $1500/grade)
Dessert donations for Potluck
Feedback – include event costs on communications
Bylaws discussion (Executive/Board Members)
Principal’s Remarks Mike 30 min
Executive Board Officer Reports 30 min
Communications Coordinator Rachel
Room Parent Coordinator Amy
Volunteer Coordinator Maggi
PTOC Representative Tenagne
Fundraising Coordinator Jenn B.
Enrichment Coordinator Jennifer S./Bethany
Dicken-Slauson Liaison Janine/Sonya
Teacher Representative Kristina
New Business and Other Items
• Support Families at Holiday
• PTO will make desserts for potluck
• Mr. Madison to work with teachers on field trip plans; budget already approved
• Please let Stephanie know if you would like to host PTO board meeting. December meeting to be held at J. Streeter’s home. (Thank you, Jen!)
To approve expenditure of $1400 to support teacher equipment and classroom supplies, per handout provided by Kristina Rossi. In the future, allocation for wishlist funds will occur in August and teachers will submit needs in the fall.
Next steps: Kristina to inform teachers who will submit receipts; or PTO will reimburse Dicken if teachers/staff do not wish to pay out of pocket.
Teacher and Staff Stipends
To approve teacher and staff stipends as proposed by Mr. Madison, with the addition of the custodians and Kathy Harrison
Next steps: Mr. Madison to inform teachers and staff, who will submit receipts for reimbursement.
Policy and Procedures
To approve changes and additions to the PTO Policies and Procedures.
Next steps: New P and P to be posted on Google site and PTO website.
To approve up to $500 for parent group to improve sidewalk at the back of the building.
Next steps: Mr. Madison to inform parent group who will submit receipts for reimbursement.
Bearclaw Coffee Hours
To approve $1000 to support 4 coffee hours for parents and Mr. Madison
Next steps: Mr. Madison to submit receipts for reimbursement.