WHAT: ANNOUNCING The DICKEN DASH! Friday, October 7
WHY: This is our 5th annual Dash, our all-school PTO fall fundraiser! Our intent is to focus on three main goals:
2) Giving the kids a sense of ownership in contributing to raising funds for their school, and
3) Teaching the kids that it is important to give to others in need.
DETAILS: All Dicken students attended the Dash kick off assembly this afternoon where they were introduced to the Dash, learned about their role in helping to raise funds for Dicken, and in giving back to the community. The C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital has been selected to receive 5% of the funds raised (capped at $500). Students were sent home with their own Dash Pledge Package today that includes all the details of this exciting event!
Students raise money for Dicken by running/walking a 1/4 mile track on October 7 and volunteers will tally laps completed. Each student is encouraged to ask family, neighbors and friends to either pledge a certain dollar amount per lap or provide a flat rate donation.
NEXT STEPS/ACTION REQUESTED:
1) Please review your student’s Pledge Package this afternoon. It includes information on collecting pledges. All pledges are due October 14, and our goal is a minimum $50 contribution per student. You can either pledge a certain dollar amount per lap (1/4 mile track) or provide a flat rate donation. Please consider donating generously, as the PTO does not ask for other non-fundraiser contributions. Donations can be made by check made out to “Dicken PTO” cash, or using PayPal. The link to contribute using PayPal is at https://dickenpto.wordpress.com/ (see detailed instructions for online donations below). Every student will participate in the Dash regardless of financial contribution.
2) VOLUNTEER! We need many volunteers on Dash Day: October 7. Please use the attached SIGN UP GENIUS LINK to select your volunteer duties and time.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Kathleen Fortini, email@example.com
ON-LINE PLEDGE (Credit Card or Pay Pal) INSTRUCTIONS:
To make a contribution to the Dicken Dash using a credit card or PayPal, please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to https://dickenpto.wordpress.com/
2. Click on the PayPal link: on your PC or Mac, the link to PayPal will be in the upper right corner. (On an iPad, scroll down to see the link.)
3. Enter the amount you would like to donate to the Dicken PTO.
4. If you have a PayPal account, log in to your account on the right side of the page and proceed to enter the required information. Click “Review Donation and Continue.”
a. To the left of your donation total, you will see a hyperlink which reads, “Add special instructions to the seller”. Select this link, and type the name of the student for whom you are pledging, and their teacher’s name (if known)
b. Next select “Donate USD now”
c. PayPal will confirm your payment and provide a confirmation number. You can also print a receipt.
5. If you do NOT have a PayPal account, you can pay with a credit card or with your existing bank account. Look for the link on the left hand side of the page next to “Don’t have a PayPayl Account? Use your credit card or bank account.” Choose that link and enter the billing information for your credit card or bank account. Click on “Review Donation and Continue.”
6. You will receive emails from PayPal confirming your donation to the Dicken PTO and providing a receipt. One email includes the email address of Dicken’s PTO Treasurer (DickenPTOTreasurer@gmail.com.)